Navy blue & black set (Part 1)– Conjunto Marinho e preto (Parte 1)


Edited to add: Click here for the OOTD featuring these pants!
---
Editado para acrescentar: Cliquem aqui para o look do dia a usar estas calças!


The idea for this project came from this pants that I spotted in a well known RTW online shop:
---
A ideia base para este projeto nasceu de umas calças que vi no website de uma conhecida marca de pronto-a-vestir:



I liked the concept of navy blue wide pants with a wide black side panel so I went to the physical store hoping to see the pants in real life. I confess I felt a little disappointed because the pants resembled some of my gym pants,… Don’t get me wrong, they are nice in their own style, but too “casual” IMO. I aimed for a dressier version so I decided to make my own pair and perhaps adding a matching top. I found this pattern (BurdaStyle 2013/12 mod 103), which has a shaped waistband, in-seam front pockets and a fly-front zipper; there is no side panel though, the back simply extends to the front, kind of shifting the side seam to the front: 

--- 

Gostei do conceito de calças azul-marinho com um painel lateral largo em preto, por isso fui à loja física na esperança de poder ver as calças ao vivo. Confesso que fiquei um pouco desiludida, uma vez que as calças me faziam lembrar algumas das que uso no ginásio,… Demasiado casuais para o que pretendo. Não que não sejam bonitas, dentro do seu estilo, mas pretendo um modelo mais “aprumado”. Decidi então fazer as calças à minha maneira, e talvez também um top a condizer. Encontrei este molde (BurdaStyle 2013/12, modelo 103B), o qual tem um cós enformado, bolsos metidos na costura e uma carcela clássica; não tem painel lateral, a parte de trás estende-se um pouco para a frente, deslocando assim a costura lateral para a frente:

With a slight modification, this pattern can be used to make my vision come true; just need to add a vertical seam from the back dart point to the hem (thus eliminating the dart and creating a shaped side panel): 
--- 
Com apenas uma pequena modificação no molde, este pode ser usado para tornar realidade as calças que imaginei; basta adicionar uma costura na linha da pinça de trás (eliminando assim a pinça e criando um painel lateral que estreita para a cintura):

For the top I elected BurdaStyle 2012/01 model 113; I plan on making it in navy blue with black sleeves, adding a 8 inch invisible zipper on the back instead of the shoulder and side seam zippers featured in the original model (I avoid applying zippers on curved seams if I can). This pattern is for petite women, but I modified it to suit a regular size. 
--- 
Para o top escolhi o modelo 113 da BurdaStyle 2012/01; vou fazer o top em azul-marinho com mangas pretas, com um fecho invisível de 20cm nas costas (o modelo original tem um fecho no ombro e outro na costura lateral, mas eu prefiro evitar fechos em costuras arredondadas). O modelo é para senhoras pequenas, mas modifiquei-o para tamanho normal.

As for the fabrics, I’m using thin navy blue stable knit with a matte crepe look right side finishing and black Lycra knit for the side panels, waistband and the top sleeves. I finished the pants yesterday and I’m wearing them today, but since it is raining I wasn't able to take outfit pictures; if I manage to take a few shots, they will be published on my wardrobe blog Tany et La Mode later today. Pictures of me wearing the pants were published here. The top is still in progress; hopefully I’ll be able to finish it during the week. The complete sewing review will be published later, after the top is complete. Thank you all for reading!


---

Quanto a tecidos estou a usar uma malha estável fina em azul-marinho com um acabamento tipo crepe no direito e malha de lycra fina preta para os painéis laterais, cós e mangas do conjunto. Terminei as calças ontem e estou a usá-las hoje, mas infelizmente, como estava a chover bastante, não consegui tirar fotos. Se conseguir tirar algumas durante o dia, serão publicadas no meu blogue de estilo pessoal Tany et La Mode. As fotos de mim a usar as calças já foram publicadas aqui! O top está ainda por terminar, espero concluí-lo ainda esta semana. Muito obrigada por visitarem!

Artigos relacionados: Conjunto Marinho e Preto (Parte 2)

5 comments:

Mónica Martinho said...

Gosto imenso de qualquer um dos moldes e estou super curiosa para ver o resultado!
Este fds também costurei, mas no meu casa foi bainhas, remendos, etc...

Bjs

Mónica

MyEvoll said...

desejando ver o resultado final. bjs

Adrienne said...

Ohh can't wait to see these!!

Anonymous said...

I *love* navy and black together, and your pants turned out SO much better looking than the Zara ones. Kudos!

Vicki said...

Pants look great! And the top is pretty cute. Look forward to seeing that.